Tuesday, December 22, 2015

holiday homesickness

I woke up today with the feeling of anxiety/sadness/dread or maybe it's just homesickness. In my chest, in my head, in my feet, everywhere. It might be due to the fact that I am spending the Christmas holiday not in Utah and without my family for the first time ever. Which I never thought was that big of a deal but here I am three days before Christmas and I can't even say the word mom, grandma or sister without choking back a few tears (interesting...all female members of the family)...oh my god, I miss them so much. I have an 11 year old sister that pretends that she still believes in Santa!! I need to be around that magic.

Also (on a scale of 1-10) Sean has a 1 in holiday spirit, he does however have about a 10+ in end-of-semester-spirit, mostly because it's finally over but also he loooves school. Sean and midieval history k-i-s-s-i-n-g. He would kiss it if he could. Wait, he has. I saw him kiss one of his books once. If he only had the same enjoyment of Christmas time as history time...Louie also feels no excitement. He's made a few choice decisions, such as eating my favorite ornament off the tree, and the message has been made clear on his feelings toward this time of year.

But on the bright side! I am looking forward to this next week of relaxing, maybe a hike or two and catching up with friends that are in town.

Happy holidays and blog you in the new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment