Tuesday, December 15, 2015

giving thanks and taking stock

Thanksgiving was once again spent here in Colorado with my future in-laws. I took the liberty of making a pumpkin pie from scratch that was horrendous on the outside but so delicious on the inside and homemade rolls. I miss turkey leftovers already. It snowed aaaallll weekend, a thanksgiving wish come true~spending time with Sean and his family also a wish come true.

Now taking stock of the things I am thankful for:

Making: I am so so thankful for my hands. I have learned to make so many different things this year. Especially thankful for my teachers and those who inspire me to continue to make things.
Cooking: I am thankful for the meals that I try hard to make that turn out edible.
Drinking: I am ever so thankful for water. 
Reading: I am thankful that I was able to take a anthropology class this semester. (I am thankful to be a homo sapiens sapiens)
Looking: I am thankful for all the nature I have seen, from the amazing hikes to my neighborhood.
Playing: I am thankful for my ever so playful puppy.
Waiting: I am thankful for next July (wedding time!!)
Loving: I am so extremely thankful for Sean.
Wearing: I am thankful for the clothes that I have made. 
Thinking: I am thankful for morning meditations.
Feeling: I am thankful for all my friends and family who bring so much happiness to my life.


the best turkey I have ever had!


Our annual trip every thanksgiving up to RMNP in powdery magic.


This is exactly how I felt after all the celebrations: happily exhausted and comfortable. Hope you had a wonderful holiday~







No comments:

Post a Comment