Friday, June 27, 2014

S and I live for our summer vacations. Mostly they revolve around hitting up National Parks (we have this map that is obsessively marked with all the ones we've been too) and we were able to hit four new ones on this trip! (nerds!)

We started out in Great Basin National Park. It's extremely out of the way but is definitely worth it! We explored Lehman Caves (highly recommend), did a few little hikes and lastly we climbed Wheeler Peak. (fun fact: Wheeler peak is the 2nd highest peak in Nevada but the 12th most prominent peak in the contiguous United States) 
I know I cry a lot, but if you reached the top of this peak, looked around you and saw the amazingness and vastness of Nevada. I assure you, you would have also shed a tear. It was awe inspiring. 

Next, we drove on through southern Utah. (BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD PERIOD) Camped in Natural Bridges and searched for the elusive House on Fire ruins in the nearby canyon. Which we did not find because of our intelligence, but only happenstance. 

We then drove down the Moki dugway to Gooseneck State Park where I saw a few Japanese folk, Hovenweep NP, Canyon of the Ancients NP, Mesa Verde NP and lastly the Great Sand Dunes NP. It was one of the best six days I have ever had. 


 -The right most peak is Wheeler-


 -House on Fire-


 -Owachomo in Natural Bridges NP-


 -Hovenweep-

 -Mesa Verde NP-

-chums at Spruce Tree House-

2 comments:

  1. please please please add the following state parks to your list of places to visit (in the near future!):

    silver falls state park - silverton, oregon
    cape lookout state park - tillamook, oregon

    admittedly, i'm partial to both but, man! both of those parks are must-sees. especially silver falls.

    and, lastly, have you been to zion?!
    (you probably have but i can't be sure)
    that is my absolute favorite place in this world.
    i can't wait to return.

    so! you should visit so i can live vicariously through you (as i do every single time i visit your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I so will add those parks! I haven't been to Washington or Oregon so that area is my next priority. I've been told I'm missing out!

      I have been to Zion, though not since I was a little girl. I saw the pictures of your Zion's trip and it made me want to go. Is it required to take adorable children to have as much fun as you had?? JK

      Delete