Friday, May 27, 2016

toothpaste

Sean and I have been replacing things in our house slowly to zero waste products as we run out and toothpaste was the first to go. I did lots of different research on other homemade toothpaste and I found this one to be my favorite:

3 tablespoons coconut oil or until desired texture. (prevents tooth decay, absorbs calcium that make your teeth stronger and has anti bacterial properties)
1/4 cup baking soda (mildly abrasive and removes surface stains)
1/4 cup xylitol (sweetener, fights cavities)
15-20 drops peppermint oil
Mix all of these together in a container and spoon onto toothbrush for use.

It's super simple and we love it. It doesn't have the freshness of commercial toothpaste but it is free of harmful chemicals and I'm find with that trade!


No comments:

Post a Comment